National Association of Veterans Programs Administrators
2017 Scholarship Application
The National Association of Veteran Program Administrators (NAVPA) is proud to introduce our National Scholarship Program. Our Scholarship Program offers eight scholarships, one to each of the eight NAVPA regions of the United States. The NAVPA Scholarship is available to veterans, service members and their dependents. However, the Veteran must have received an Honorable Discharge from their last term of service.
- The purpose of the NAVPA National Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to veteran, service member and dependent students who are pursuing undergraduate, graduate and alternative certification at NAVPA member institutions.
- Awards will be $500 for each NAVPA region, eight regions total.
- An individual may receive a NAVPA scholarship only once.
- Award recipients who withdrew from the member college or do not maintain the minimum amount of credits will forfeit their scholarship.
Each applicant must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements.
- Currently attend a NAVPA member institution. Please refer to http://navpa.org/member-institutions-by-state/ for a list of member institutions or ask your School Veterans Administrator.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible U.S. permanent resident.
- Be an Honorably Discharged U.S. Military Veteran, Active Duty, Reserve or Guard member, or a Dependent of Veteran or Service member.
- Be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete prerequisite essay, not to exceed two pages. “How the NAVPA Scholarship will help me achieve my goals”
- Be enrolled in and maintain attendance at full-time rate at a NAVPA member approved college or university during the fall 2017 semester/quarter.
- Have earned a minimum of 12 college credit hours by the end of the fall 2017 semester/quarter. For alternative certification/post-baccalaureate program applicants, credits may be from their bachelor’s degree program course of study.
NAVPA Scholarship Application
The application period will open October 22nd, 2017. All NAVPA scholarship applications and attachments MUST be submitted by January 19, 2018. Winners will be notified after the NAVPA Board of Directors review applications at the midyear meeting in February 2018.